Friday 3 September 2010

Complexxxxxxxxx (not so much xxx, sorry to disappoint.)

I am loving my flowey/layered/shapey looks right now so obviously I am majorly obsessed with complexgeometries, the uber amazing desinger from our semi homeland canada.
tada!
Love this little white angel, perfect to add another dimension/layer to an outfit.
I know they have been around for a little while but it still amazes me how they take something as mundane as a t-shirt or tank top and turn it into something thats firstly interesting and secondly actually worth taking a closer look at?! Isnt exactly that whats been missing lately? You get oh so many statement-piece, stand-out-of-the-crowd and one-off pieces that the simple/basic clothes, which are, at the end of the day, the ones that one wears the majority of the time, can become even more boring and too "normal"(whatever normal means).

Clearly I like things that are a little bit different and fun anyway, so complex is just an ideal playground of shapes,dimensions and draping! The material is kept simple with the vast majority of clothes being 100% cotton and some others in Silk or Wool, which makes it affordable as well as easy to take care of. So when you think about it, these pieces are just a perfect way to turn a non-outfit into something interesting straight away! Ahh I just love it, the draping, the slightly unusual cuts which are unusual enough to be fun and keep you on the ball but not too unusual to not be able to wear during the day! =) I could literally go on forever on how amazing this little gem of a brand is but I will better just show you some examples.


Love this black semi-sheer oversized bag of fun!

Check out the way the fabric drapes ever so slightly and in a complete everyday wearable way, this ones going to be fun to play with! =)
Ahhh I just love this already, a t-shirt with a "tubular cape section at the rear" (thanks reborn.ws)
Sources: www.reborn.ws

No comments: